Saturday, March 12, 2011

Surgeries and stuff

On Monday, Charlie had his first surgery.  He was neutered.  No biggy.  He handled it all very well.  He hasn't really licked at or bitten at his stitches.  His stitches will be coming out on the 21st.  That isn't what this post is about. 

This post is about right now, as Charlie is in surgery to have 5 razor blades removed from his stomach. 

See, TJ moved my razor, and Charlie got to it.  What I could get out of his mouth was only the plastic.  I knew the blades were in him.  I called the emergency vet, and took him in.  I had to pay a consult fee, then the x-ray fee, then an anesthetic fee to find out that yes, I was right.  He had the 5 blades in his stomach (thank the God/desses they weren't lower) and needed surgery.

I had to call my Mom to ask her for $4000 just to have the surgery done.  I called my Nana, and she will help with the cost, if Mom calls her. At least part of the guilt is off my back.  Dad came through.  Mom is not happy.  Charlie is having his surgery.

He is there right now.  Having the blades removed.  I am at home, crying and holding on to his "puppy" and Tigger, hoping he will be ok. 

The vet said she would call when the surgery is over.  I hope it will be soon.  Very very very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment