Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Proving how much he belongs here

On Saturday, Charlie proved just how much he is needed here. 

My son, TJ, is special needs and sometimes has seizures and can stop breathing.  Charlie sat on his feet for most of the time TJ was laid up on the couch.  All of a sudden, he is off the couch and licking TJ's face.  I went to stop him.  He climbed back up onto TJ's feet, while I tried to get TJ to breath.  TJ then proceeded to seizure over and over again.  This is the first time Charlie has had to deal with this.  He was perfect. 

He hated being rushed into his crate before the paramedics arrived. He hated us leaving in such a rush.  My Sister went to Charlie later, to let him go pee and such.  He didn't do any of it.  She reported that he kept searching the house for us.  She would take him out, and he would search for us. At one point I called to see how he was doing.  She put me on speaker phone, and later stated that he had calmed down enough to just lie on his little bed next to my chair.

When I finally got home, he was a bundle of energy and more searching.  I had to take him out to the van to see TJ.  He saw him, licked his hands, and then was fine.  He went to the bathroom.  He pooped.  He settled next to me.  He figured out we were all ok, and that his pack was fine.

He belongs here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment